Main Conference Day One: Tuesday, August 21st, 2018
7:45 am - 8:25 am REGISTRATION & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
Grab a bite to eat and start the networking early!
8:25 am - 8:30 am CHAIRPERSON’S WELCOME AND OPENING REMARKS
8:30 am - 9:00 am KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: MICHIGAN’S LEADERSHIP IN FUTURE MOBILITYKirk Steudle - Director Michigan Department of Transportation
9:00 am - 9:30 am Simulating the Driving ExperienceMr Danny Shapiro - Senior Director of Automotive NVIDIA
9:30 am - 10:00 am PANEL DISCUSSION: ACCELERATING VENTURE FUNDING: RAISING CAPITAL FOR THE NEW AGEAmy Gu - Managing Director Hemi Ventures
Chris Thomas - Founder and Partner Fontinalis Partners
Zach Barasz - Partner BMW iVentures
- What are investors in Detroit, Silicon Valley and other innovation hubs looking for?
- How do incubators prepare startups for doing business with OEMs?
- What are the biggest mistakes startups in the autonomous vehicle space are making?
Amy GuManaging Director
Chris ThomasFounder and Partner
10:30 am - 11:30 am TECHNOLOGY SHOWCASE & NETWORKING BREAK
Participate in our Technology Showcase to learn and experience first hand the latest innovative and transformative technologies in autonomy
JOIN OUR EXPERT SPEAKERS IN OUR TWO DIFFERENT TRACKS. Pick Which Session Speaks To You!
BUSINESS OPERATIONS11:30 am - 12:15 pm Envisioning Mobility: Capturing & Selling Momentum Raphael Zammit - Chair & Associate Professor, MFA Transportation Design Department College for Creative Studies, University of Michigan
Raphael ZammitChair & Associate Professor, MFA Transportation Design Department
College for Creative Studies, University of Michigan
TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT11:30 am - 12:15 pm GETTING SENSORS RIGHT Aaron Jefferson - VP of Product Planning ZF
- What are the critical components for self-driving systems? Do you replicate the human eye or use multiple sensing modalities?
- Do you need lidar or will cameras and radar suffice?
- What kind of partnerships are most effective?
Aaron JeffersonVP of Product Planning
TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT12:15 pm - 1:00 pm Holistic Thermal Management for Autonomous Vehicles Sukhvinder Kang - CTO, Aavid Thermal Division Boyd Corporation
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm LUNCH
All the morning hustle and bustle has probably made for a much-needed lunch break! Join us for a delicious lunch and make new friends at your table
TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT2:00 pm - 2:45 pm CELLULAR NETWORKS Roger Lanctot - Director, Automotive Connected Mobility, Global Automotive Practice Strategy Analytics
- What role will wireless carriers play in lowering the cost of data collection and transmission?
- What solutions are available for storing the data?
- How can you plan for the arrival of 5G?
Roger LanctotDirector, Automotive Connected Mobility, Global Automotive Practice
BUSINESS OPERATIONS2:45 pm - 3:30 pm PRESENTATION: ACCELERATING MOBILITY TECHNOLOGY DEPLOYMENT VIA PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS Kathryn Snorrason - Planet M Manager Michigan Economic Development Corporation
Will Foss - U.S. Business Lead DERQ
- How is the state of Michigan partnering with private industry to pilot AV technology?
- What have the stakeholders learned about autonomous vehicles and human behavior?
- How is the state of Michigan supporting and incubating transportation startups?
Kathryn SnorrasonPlanet M Manager
Michigan Economic Development Corporation
Will FossU.S. Business Lead
3:30 pm - 4:00 pm AFTERNOON NETWORKING BREAK
4:00 pm - 4:45 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: WHY TRUCKING, AGRICULTURE AND CONSTRUCTION WILL SPEED THE TRANSITION TO AVSJerry Hirsch - Editor Trucks.com
Denny Mooney - SVP, Global Product Developmen Navistar
Aaron Jefferson - VP of Product Planning ZF
Mike Roeth - Executive Director North American Council for Freight Efficiency
Jason Roycht - VP & Regional Business Leader for Commercial and Off-Road Vehicles, Bosch
- How can the trucking, agriculture, and construction industries commercialize the latest advances in autonomous technology?
- What measures are these industries taking to retain and recruit a workforce during the transition?
- How can trucking, agriculture, and construction work with each other and OEMs?
Denny MooneySVP, Global Product Developmen
Aaron JeffersonVP of Product Planning
Mike RoethExecutive Director
North American Council for Freight Efficiency
INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION GROUPS
Participate in small group discussions on some of the most critical facets of autonomy
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
5:15 pm - 5:45 pm SENSORSFrans de Rooij - Director Business Development in the Autonomous Driving Product Unit TomTom
4:45 pm - 5:15 pm MACHINE LEARNING/HMITammy Snow - Director of Interior Systems and Technology, Continental
5:15 pm - 5:45 pm COMMERCIAL VEHICLESJason Roycht - VP & Regional Business Leader for Commercial and Off-Road Vehicles, Bosch
5:45 pm - 5:45 pm COCKTAIL RECEPTION & END OF SUMMIT DAY 1
Join us for cocktails and canapes straight as you relax and unwind in great company.