Agenda Pre-Conference Workshops
8:00 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION: Grab a bite to eat and start the networking early!
9:00 am - 11:00 am WORKSHOP A: CREATING EFFECTIVE ADAS/AUTONOMOUS MODE AWARENESS INDICATORS FOR DRIVERS
• Dedicating A Display To Communicate Static Status Information Using Clear Indicators
• Using Vibrations In The Seat, Acoustic, Haptic, And Olfactory Signals For Multi-Modal Handovers
• Designing The Hand Over Procedure With L3
11:00 am - 11:15 am NETWORKING BREAK Take a few minutes to recharge yourself before we jump into the next set of information-packed workshops!
11:15 am - 1:15 pm WORKSHOP B: PLANNING FOR THE SHIFT FROM PRIVATE VEHICLE OWNERSHIP TO FLEET-BASED AVS AS DEPLOYMENT ACCELERATES
• Employing Redundant Recognizers For AI In AV
• Using Mixed Data Storage Technology In Inconsistent Connectivity Environments
• Developing Unique User Based Algorithms
Adam Stocker, Survey Researcher, Transportation Sustainability Research Center, Univ. of California Berkley
1:15 pm - 2:00 pm LUNCH BREAK: Join us for a delicious lunch and make new friends at your table!
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm WORKSHOP C: TRACKING VEHICLE DATA TO EVALUATE PERFORMANCE
• Examining the potential effects of private AVs and fleet-based AVs on the transportation network
• Developing strategies and anticipating business model changes as AV deployment accelerates
• Creating realistic strategies to meet consumer demand for private ownership vs. fleet-based usage of AVs
4:00 pm - 4:15 pm COFFEE BREAK: Take a quick break from the sessions to mix and mingle
4:15 pm - 6:15 pm WORKSHOP D: SCALING AV HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
• Using Business Process Management Platforms For Scaling
• Automating, Measuring And Optimizing Processes For Product Scaling
• Developing A Methodology To Model, Analyze, Measure, Improve, Optimize, And Automate The Scaling Processes