Agenda Pre-Conference Workshops
8:00 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION: Grab a bite to eat and start the networking early!
9:00 am - 11:00 am WORKSHOP A: TRANSITIONING FROM MEDIATED PERCEPTION TO END-TO-END DEEP LEARNING SOLUTION FOR AUTONOMOUS DRIVING
Using Deep Learning to enable Autonomous Driving
• Examining the strength and weakness points of the Mediated Perception, Direct Perception, and End-to-end solutions for Autonomous Driving
• Designing a solution that concurrently eliminates all the weakness points and combines all the strength points
Hesham Eraqi, AI Expert & Senior Principal Researcher, Valeo; Adjunct Faculty/Lecturer, American University in Cairo
11:00 am - 11:15 am NETWORKING BREAK Take a few minutes to recharge yourself before we jump into the next set of information-packed workshops!
11:15 am - 1:15 pm WORKSHOP B: PLANNING FOR THE SHIFT FROM PRIVATE VEHICLE OWNERSHIP TO FLEET-BASED AVS AS DEPLOYMENT ACCELERATES
• Employing Redundant Recognizers For AI In AV
• Using Mixed Data Storage Technology In Inconsistent Connectivity Environments
• Developing Unique User Based Algorithms
Adam Stocker, Survey Researcher, Transportation Sustainability Research Center, Univ. of California Berkley
1:15 pm - 2:00 pm LUNCH BREAK: Join us for a delicious lunch and make new friends at your table!
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm WORKSHOP C: CREATING VERIFICATION STRATEGIES AND ODD EXPANSIONS: CAN AV BE REALLY SAFE?
• Discussing how to put requirements on sensors for ADS to show confidence in freedom from objects of a certain type
• Defining a verification strategy
• How an ODD expansion (feature growth) strategy could look
• The workshop will be using SAE J3016 standard definitions as well as ISO 26262 2nd edition (released Dec 2018) and the “SOTIF standard”, ISO PAS 21448, from
an ADS point of view
Hakan Sivencrona, PhD, Safety Guy, Zenuity
4:00 pm - 4:15 pm COFFEE BREAK: Take a quick break from the sessions to mix and mingle
4:15 pm - 6:15 pm WORKSHOP D: SCALING AV HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
• Using Business Process Management Platforms For Scaling
• Automating, Measuring And Optimizing Processes For Product Scaling
• Developing A Methodology To Model, Analyze, Measure, Improve, Optimize, And Automate The Scaling Processes