Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, August 20th, 2018
8:00 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
9:00 am - 10:30 am WORKSHOP A: UX: DESIGNING THE HUMAN EXPERIENCEHarsha Vemulapalli - Head of Design Robert Bosch
- How do we simplify the interfaces for autonomous and entertainment features?
- What components will be critical as we move to Level 5 autonomy?
- What are the latest advances in preventing motion sickness?
Harsha VemulapalliHead of Design
10:30 am - 10:45 am MORNING REFRESHMENTS
10:45 am - 12:15 pm Workshop B: Making Safer AVsJack Weast - Sr. Principal Engineer and Chief Systems Architect Intel Corp.
- How should machines learn?
- Should machines learn from humans, computers, or other cars?
- How do you allow for self-learning?
Jack WeastSr. Principal Engineer and Chief Systems Architect
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm LUNCH
1:15 pm - 2:45 pm WORKSHOP C: QUALITY OF LIFE AND REFRAMING FUTURE MOBILITYJeff Stout - Executive Director of Research Technology and New Mobility Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
- How do consumers worldwide define quality of life, and how are these priorities driving their decisions?
- What design components will be critical as we move to Level 5 autonomy?
- What methodology can we use to approach mobility-as-a-service?
Jeff StoutExecutive Director of Research Technology and New Mobility
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm AFTERNOON BREAK
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm WORKSHOP D: SIMULATION FOR AUTONOMOUS VEHICLESTony Gioutsos - Director Sales and Marketing Americas TASS International (A Siemens Business)
- How can simulation reduce timeframes for development and deployment?
- What kind of simulation platform is best for early prototyping and testing?
- How to use HIL simulation to accelerate AV development?
Tony GioutsosDirector Sales and Marketing Americas
TASS International (A Siemens Business)