Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, August 20th, 2018
8:00 am - 9:00 am REGISTRATION & NETWORKING BREAKFAST
9:00 am - 10:30 am MASTER CLASS A: UX: DESIGNING THE HUMAN EXPERIENCEAllen Sun - Mechanical Design Engineer for Car Multimedia Bosch
- How do we simplify the interfaces for autonomous and entertainment features?
- What components will be critical as we move to Level 5 autonomy?
- What are the latest advances in preventing motion sickness?
Allen SunMechanical Design Engineer for Car Multimedia
10:30 am - 10:45 am MORNING REFRESHMENTS
10:45 am - 12:15 pm MASTER CLASS B: MACHINE LEARNING: TEACHING A CAR TO DRIVE
- How should machines learn?
- Should machines learn from humans, computers, or other cars?
- How do you allow for self-learning?
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm LUNCH
1:15 pm - 2:45 pm MASTER CLASS C: QUALITY OF LIFE AND REFRAMING FUTURE MOBILITYJeff Stout - Executive Director of Research Technology and New Mobility Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
- How do consumers worldwide define quality of life, and how are these priorities driving their decisions?
- What design components will be critical as we move to Level 5 autonomy?
- What methodology can we use to approach mobility-as-a-service?
Jeff StoutExecutive Director of Research Technology and New Mobility
Yanfeng Automotive Interiors
2:45 pm - 3:00 pm AFTERNOON BREAK
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm MASTER CLASS D: SIMULATING THE DRIVING EXPERIENCEMr Danny Shapiro - Senior Director of Automotive NVIDIA
- What are the best ways to simulate challenging driving conditions?
- How can OEMs store the large amounts of data required for simulations?
- What are the best partnership models for collecting data?
Mr Danny ShapiroSenior Director of Automotive